Coventry Building Society
Tuesday 23rd May: 14:30pm - 15:00pmEvolving Information: Exploring the impact of GDPR on records management
- This session explores a range of issues from the viewpoint of a records manager embedded within the Information Security Risk function of Coventry Building Society
- Records Management and Information Security Risk at the Coventry, the UK’s third largest building Society
- The journey so far: Whistle-stop tour of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Decision making with imperfect information: narrowing approaches to information management within a wider GDPR approach
- The ICO’s guidance timeline: Consent and Records and Information Management considerations. What do we know, what are we guessing
- Records versus Data?: What is the role of recorded information which is not personal data? Is there a risk of business sensitive information being ignored?
- Fighting Zombies : How to manage Retention and deletion of information in a landscape of legacy systems and Zombie data
- Defining ownership: Who owns what data? How to define ownership and allocate responsibility? Top down or bottom up?